Friday, March 9, 2012

my mom is a whale


Mom was out, so I answered the phone today and it’s from Crystal’s school. Conversation went something like this:

“Hello, is Mrs. Wedekind available?”

“No, she’s not home. This is her son.”

“I see. Could you have her call me, it’s urgent.”

“Why, is something wrong with Crystal?”

“We’re just concerned about her performance in class. She’s very tired and won’t pick up her pencil. She just leaves her schoolwork on the desk in front of her.”

Glad that they talked to me and not mom. Mom would have eaten Crystal alive for that. She’s like a whale. Yeah, a whale, could’ve used another giant animal that could swallow you whole but she’s always looked kind of whale-like to me >>

I told her teacher I’d talk to her and hung up. I went to talk to Crystal right after, and she was sitting in her room on the floor, still wearing her jacket and her gloves. It was fucking weird, ‘cause it’s been a cold month but not THAT cold. She didn’t really talk to me, but she let me take off the gloves and I flipped the fuck out

Her hands are all red and raw looking

No comments:

Post a Comment